Depression quotes are quite popular as sometimes they help lifting one’s mood. At times, they make others think there are people out there who feel the same way, who they can connect with & relate to. All in all, they make for an interesting read. Here are some of them –
- “Depression is nourished by a lifetime of ungrieved and unforgiven hurts”
- “I drink to stay warm, and to kill selected memories…”
- “They say they don’t know when but a day is gonna come. When there won’t be a moon and there won’t be a sun. It will just go black. It will just go back to the way it was before.”
- You cry… you feel sad… you get “help”… but its still there… only now you hide it… you want everyone to believe it is ok… but its not, i’m not ok- its a rollercoaster of emotions, you slowly start to feel better and then all of a sudden you crash again… then it starts all over.
- Depression is nourished by a lifetime of ungrieved and unforgiven hurts
- A lot of people don’t realize that depression is an illness. I don’t wish it on anyone, but if they would know how it feels, I swear they would think twice before they just shrug it.
- At a time when going to college has never been more important, it’s never been more expensive, and our nation’s families haven’t been in this kind of financial duress since the great depression. And so what we have is just sort of a miraculous opportunity simply by stopping the subsidy to banks when we already have the risk of loans. We can plow those savings into our students. And we can make college dramatically more affordable, tens of billions of dollars over the next decade.
- But with the slow menace of a glacier, depression came on. No one had any measure of its progress; no one had any plan for stopping it. Everyone tried to get out of its way.
- “A lazy, feckless, flatulent, oaf with a moustache leaning against a fence asleep looking at a cactus with a blanket with a hole in the middle on as a coat.”
- “Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.”
- “For me, depression is like a marriage between nightmares and headaches.”
- Depression comes from fear of confronting yourself for your past. Healing comes from self-confrontation.
- When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It’s a whole different way of thinking
- If depression is creeping up and must be faced, learn something about the nature of the beast: You may escape without a mauling.
- Depression is not sobbing and crying and giving vent, it is plain and simple reduction of feeling…People who keep stiff upper lips find that it’s damn hard to smile.